June 2 – 11, 2023
With Alma Rosa Winery
HIGHLIGHTS: Sarajevo – Mostar – Kravice Waterfalls – Trebinje – Dubrovnik – Pelješac peninsula – Split – Brač island – Split
- ALL VAT and TAXES INCLUDED
- 24H CONCIERGE SERVICE WHILE IN THE COUNTRY
- PROFFESIONAL TOUR ESCORT THROUGHOUT – from Day 1 to Day 10
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from the Sarajevo airport to the hotel in Sarajevo
- Welcome dinner with Bosnian specialties (3 course dinner, drinks to be paid on the spot)
- June 2 – 4, 2023 – 2 nights accommodation in Sarajevo at Hotel President 4*, double/twin room, BB basis
- Private guided tour of Sarajevo with English speaking guide, including tasting stops and entrance fee to Sarajevo Museum, Svrzo’s House
- Sarajevo Brewery entrance fee
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from hotel to winery and return
- Food and wine dinner at Hedona Boutique Winery in Sarajevo
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from Sarajevo to Dubrovnik, with enroute stops at Mostar and Kravice Falls
- Private guided tour of Mostar and Kravice Waterfalls
- Entrance to Kravice Waterfalls
- Wine tasting at Rubis Winery in Mostar, 3 types of wine with lunch
- June 4 – 8, 2023 – 4 nights accommodation in Dubrovnik at Hotel Rixos Premium 5*, Superior room with sea view, BB basis
- Private transfer from Dubrovnik to Trebinje in a modern air-conditioned vehicle
- Private guided tour of Trebinje (visit to Tvrdos Monastery)
- Wine tasting at Vukoje Winery
- 3 course lunch in Trebinje (drinks to be paid on the spot)
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from hotel to Old town (return on your own)
- Private guided tour of Dubrovnik with English speaking guide
- Wine and snacks in a local wine bar
- 3 course dinner in local restaurant in Dubrovnik
- Half-day private cooking class in Konavle in a local rural estate (Activities include transportation, welcome drink & snacks, all food & drinks served during the class) with round trip transfers
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from Dubrovnik to Split, with an enroute visit to Peljesac peninsula
- Oyster harvesting experience with the local oyster and mussel producer and a traditional Dalmatian light lunch/dinner.
- Wine tasting at Grgich Vina Winery with snacks
- 3 course dinner in local restaurant in Split (drinks to be paid on the spot)
- June 8 – 11 2023 – 3 nights - Accommodation in Split, Heritage Hotel 4*, double/twin room, BB basis
- Private guided tour of Split with tasting stops with English speaking guide, up to 3hrs
- Bibich Wine & Tapas - 4 wines are served with a detailed description of each wine & tapas (transfer included)
- Fast ferry ticket from Split to Brač island (return)
- Farewell dinner on island of Brač
- Private transfer in a modern air-conditioned vehicle from your hotel in Split-to-Split airport
- Meals and drinks not mentioned above
- Airfare, Travel Insurance
- Additional excursions and / or services not mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses (internet, telephone, mini bar etc.)
- Tips and porterage services
Welcome to Sarajevo! Meet your driver upon your arrival at the airport and transfer to your hotel to check in and relax after your journey. Depending on your arrival time, you may want to acquaint yourself with the city. Take a stroll from the hotel along the Miljacka River. Pay attention to the variety of architectural styles, from modern skyrise buildings to Austro-Hungarian grandeur, to the Ottoman-era shops and restaurants nestled in the old quarter known as Baščaršija. In the evening, you'll meet up with your group and tour leader to enjoy a welcome dinner featuring local Sarajevo specialties and discuss the upcoming week!
Breakfast at the hotel. Enjoy a private half-day tour of Sarajevo, which is sometimes called the "Jerusalem of Europe". It is one of only a few European cities to have a mosque, Catholic church, Orthodox church and synagogue within the same neighborhood. Your walking tour begins with the city's main attractions, including Baščaršija, the old bazaar quarter, and City Hall (Vijećnica)—a site completely renovated after being destroyed in the 1992 Bosnian War. You’ll visit the Latin Bridge where Franz Ferdinand was assassinated (launching WWI), followed by the Sarajevo Museum and Svrzo’s House, which was built during the Ottoman Empire. Treat your tastebuds to a cup of traditional Bosnian coffee and learn about ABC restaurants in Sarajevo (Ascinica, Buregdzinica, Cevabdzinica). Enjoy your free time!
In the afternoon we’ll visit Sarajevo Brewery! Founded in 1864, historians consider it the oldest industrial plant in Bosnia and Herzegovina. It is the only European brewery whose production was uninterrupted during the Ottoman Empire and during the Austro-Hungarian Monarchy. After the brewery tour, we’ll head to Hedona Boutique Winery to enjoy a 7-course food and wine dinner, including a tour of the cellars. Evening at leisure in Sarajevo.
Sarajevo – Mostar – Kravice - Dubrovnik
Breakfast at hotel and check out.
Meet your driver in the hotel lobby and say goodbye to beautiful Sarajevo. We will continue our journey to Mostar and Kravice Waterfalls before heading to Croatia.
Our first stop will be charming Mostar, known as the city where “east meets west”, and the Old Bridge which stands as a symbol of the town’s turbulent past. After the tour, we’ll enjoy lunch in Mostar and a visit to Rubis Winery, which makes wine from the indigenous varieties of Zilavka and Blatina. We then travel to the Kravice Waterfalls, one of Europe’s best kept natural secrets. This natural phenomenon provides a cool refuge for rejuvenation and the ideal ending to your day exploring the best that Bosnia and Herzegovina has to offer.
Insider tip: Wear your favorite pair of walking shoes and be sure to remember your swimsuit and towel. Be smart and also remember your SPF, sunglasses, or hat. Stay hydrated (a refillable canteen is always a good idea).
Upon arrival in Dubrovnik, check into your hotel and relax. Evening at leisure, dinner on your own. Overnight in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik – Trebinje - Dubrovnik
Breakfast at hotel.
Meet your driver in the lobby. We are headed back to Bosnia and Herzegovina to visit beautiful Trebinje, which is 40 minutes away. Abundant with cultural and historical monuments, the city and its surroundings have the greatest number of protected national monuments in all of Bosnia and Herzegovina. You’ll have a chance to explore Trebinje and Tvrdos Monastery with a professional tour guide, followed by lunch.
The region is also known for good wines with production going back to the Middle Ages. You’ll have a chance to taste when we visit another of Samra’s favorite wineries, Vukoje Winery. We’ll return to Dubrovnik in the late afternoon hours, and you are on your own for the evening.
Breakfast at the hotel.
Meet your private local guide at your hotel. Discover Dubrovnik! Explore the architecture and history of this famous city as the story of Dubrovnik's golden age unfolds before you. The tour will take you around the Old Town via Onofrio's Fountain and up Prijeko Street to the Old Port - the key to Dubrovnik's trading and maritime success.
We’ll finish in a local wine bar with a glass of wine and some snacks. Free time for leisure and lunch.
In the evening your driver will pick you up in front of your hotel to enjoy a 3-course dinner in a local restaurant.
Return to hotel, evening at leisure, overnight in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik - Konavle
Breakfast at your hotel, morning at leisure. It’s summer season, so take some time to swim in the Adriatic!
We will meet your driver for a half-day private cooking class in the Konavle area with a traditional meal and wine tasting. Arrival and welcome drink at the family estate. Once there, you’ll learn how to prepare food as it has been prepared for centuries in the region. This tour will give you a sense of the local ambience and village lifestyle. Return to your hotel, time at leisure and an overnight in Dubrovnik.
Dubrovnik – Peljesac - Split
Breakfast at the hotel and check out.
Meet with your driver for a private transfer from Dubrovnik to Split with an enroute stop in the town of Mali Ston, home to Croatia’s most delicious oysters, carefully grown in beds throughout the bay. A local oysterman will harvest them right out of the sea for you to enjoy on the spot! Your driver will then take you further down the Pelješac peninsula to visit a local winery – Grgich Vina Winery! Continue on to Split and check into your hotel. Refresh and relax, meeting later in the lobby for dinner in a local restaurant.
Breakfast in the hotel. Meet your private local guide in the hotel lobby to start exploring the foods of Split! Your guide will take you to different food stops to taste scrumptious delicacies while walking through the grounds of the 1700-year-old Diocletian’s Palace.
After the tour we’ll head to the small town Skradin to enjoy the extraordinary experience in Bibich Winery and Tavern. The Bibich winery achieved international success with its wines, especially with the white Debit, the white blend R5 Riserva, and the red blend R6 Riserva, and was a favorite of the late, great Anthony Bourdain. Bibich makes a wide variety of Croatian wines, mainly from Debit, Babic, Plavina, and Lasin grapes native to the region. After the tour we’ll return to Split, your late afternoon and evening are free for leisure.
Split – Brac – Split
Breakfast at the hotel.
We will take a fast ferry to the island of Brač. Croatia has more than 1000+ islands, and you’ll visit one of the islands that Samra loves! Brač is the largest island in Dalmatia famous for its beautiful beaches and limestone. The White House in Washington, D.C, the Hofburg in Vienna and the Diocletian Palace in Split are all built with this special stone! Brač is also known for its olive oil and wines.
Once we arrive, you’ll have ample time to explore, swim and enjoy the island on your own. In the afternoon, we will meet up for a wine tasting with Sasa Senjkovic, who Samra thinks is the island’s top winemaker. We’ll share a farewell dinner on Brač, then catch the last ferry to Split to spend our last night in Dalmatia.
Breakfast at hotel and check out. Sadly, it is time to say goodbye. Your transfer to Split Airport is arranged! Bon Voyage and thank you for joining us!